warning: cl_flushentitypacket

pc trade post

Daemon Poster
this is really getting on my nerves... whenever i play counter-strike 1.6 i always end up getting the error "warning: cl_flashentitypacket" after about 10 minutes into the game. when it happens, i am just stuck there, bouncing up and down as if im walking, but its staying in place, and i cant see any weapons or anything. it even happens on a lan server. if someone else hosts the game and i join, i get the error and they dont. but if i host it and someone else joins, they get the error and i dont. does anyone know what's causing this or a solution to fix this?

I don't know much about that stuff, just from the name of the error it seems like its a virus..like i said i don't know what i'm talking about, but look at the name. Flashen tity packet? Yeah....

Pidge14 said:
I don't know much about that stuff, just from the name of the error it seems like its a virus..like i said i don't know what i'm talking about, but look at the name. Flashen tity packet? Yeah....

hahahahahahahaha, no, thats not what it is. its actually "warning:FlashEntityPacket," so its Flash Entity, not Flashen Tity, lol. well, on the error, it was capitalized liek that. btw, the error message was flashed at the top right hand corner of the screen in red, in case that helps.

yes. it will. cl_flushentitypacket is basically huge lag like 1000+ ping. i used to get this, try setting your rates, that fixed things for me.
type in console
'rate 25000'
'cl_updaterate 30'
'cl_cmdrate 20'
i think that's how it was, just try that before you do anything like uninstalling.

This is the most classic error caused by usually a faulty internet or server connection. The game cannot update the entities (Doors, bullet holes, blood stains, player models, etc) because of a connection problem, so it starts to clear them because you cannot continue to play the game. If a connection is properly established again, you will start to see the stuff reappear.

You would see this flushentity error from a few problems. A DOS or DDOS attack against a game server or major internet router for an example. Or the most likely, a poor connection to your ISP, or your ISP having broken ATM cards, switches, dslam's or anything else important not working right.

If you fool around with your connection settings, this can also help make the problem go away.

Oh um when you just load up steam. Try going to settings and go to the internet tab. Make sure that the connection speed corresponds with your internet, if not the game would be misleaded, which may result in the lag that you're getting.

Back
Top Bottom