Warming up??

jscott

Baseband Member
Failure to boot?

Lately, 3 times in a row now, my computer has failed to boot first time in the morning I try to. The moniter just stays black although the computer turns on. Whenever I restart it though (restart button), I get the screen that says "failed to boot, blah blah blah, press enter to continue", and it boots normally after that, no problems. Anybody know what could be happening? It's not a big deal, but it is a new and not too cheap computer I had custom made for myself, and the only upgrades I put in it were 2 chips of RAM.

It's still happening, to a much larger extent this morning. It wouldn't boot normally until I chose the option "boot on last recorded method that worked" or something to that nature. Again, it isn't a computer breaking thing, but it's a new computer, and it wasn't cheap. Anybody know what's going on?

Bad hd is my guess. Maybe try reinstalling xp. were there any power outages? Did you take the plug off to your comp the last time? It could be a bad cpu too... but I doubt it. HOw long ago did you buy it?

I think it's something to do with windows. I'd suggest storing all of the important files on disks and the do a complete reformat.

In that case, I'd rather just deal with it whenever the problem pops up. I really don't want to reformat windows. But just one quick question, having this problem won't do any damage, will it?

Back
Top Bottom