Warhammer 40.000 or Age of Empires III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky_Junk

Solid State Member
Guys can you help me out. Im looking for some kind of multiplayer rts game to play over the summer. Im either thinking age of empires 3 or warhammer 40,000: dawn of war (no expansions). Im worried that there wont be many people playing warhammer online since its already a couple of years old. How many people still play AOE III online? If not these games can someone recommend me some other ones. Thanks.,

Both are quality games though neither one impressed me a great deal. I'll have to say Age of Empires III.

Physics give it a whole lot of extra points in my book. The graphics don't hurt, either!

Dota has been consuming my time for me. Also CS:S, but if I was to choose between Warhammer or Age of Empires, Warhammer definitely. I think the gameplay is just too fun, plus the huge explosions with thousands of people flying off my screen is incredibly entertaining. I love it when that happens.

I never played AOE III but let me say this: Age of Empires turned me on to RTS when I was just a little pre-high schooler. AOE II, same as before...great game, great fun. But the first time I played Dawn of War, it was like playing a whole new RTS. Dawn of War redefined the genre for me like Star Craft did. For soooo long RTS's were just AOE clones. But Warhammer is something different. It has charisma, gritiness, style and a sense of urgency that the AOE franchise never had. And though I haven't played AOE III, I have heard it is quite similar to previous incarnations. Go with Warhammer, I'd say. Beautiful game, and AOE hasn't appeared to bring much innovation to the table.

Warhammer hands down no problem.

I played AEO 3... I was sooo disappointed. It was depressing to play the game on my friends 7800GT and see no true graphics. I was expecting an intense display, but nothing... WH 40K is a great game, and especially fun for LANning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom