WAR HAMMER 40K DAWN OF WAR - Vengence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
WAR HAMMER 40K DAWN OF WAR

It seems that Game Workshop Interactive finally got it right this time when it game to War And Strategy Games.

I started playing WH40:DOW - Vengence last night as the guys that GWI finally got it right FINALLY we get a WH40K War Game that is finally REAL TIME as appose to turn based.

The last few War And Strategy Game that they did do, I was not impressed with as they are still (like the tabletop game) turn based. The problem with the turn based PC War Games (for the younger generations) is that they died out when things like War Craft, StarCraft, C&C, Total Analation etc. etc. came out back about 10 years ago.
And I have play their attempted at a a FPS which was Firewarrior, and i did not think much of it (BUGGY AS HELL)

One thing that i do like about WH4K:DOW is the method in how you get resource for more troops and upgrades. You need to take over "strategic points" in order to get access to more units or upgrades. It's like Unreal Tornments DOMINATION MATCHS, but on a RTW&S level.
So if you are one of those players that normally sit in a corner, haverst and build up a massive force of your most heaviest hitters for a final rush at the end, FORGET IT. It does not happen with this game. You need go out and fight in order to get more.

The other thing that i did find cute was the Minature Painter. It's a really highly customisable way of marking your troops. You can pick just about any colour sceem for your Marines from head to toe. So you can invade the orks with your PINK ULTRA MARINES. (None of this Must Be Ultra-Marine Blue or Blood Angle Red BS)

Over all, i give it the thumbs up.

Ya, it's an execellent game. Very addicting. As a long time 40k player, it's nice to see someone doing the title justice. I can't wait for the expansion packs.

another game you might try is Kohan 2:KOW, i like it cuz you dont have to control so much, but i dont like it cuz you cant control AS much as most other games, but all in all its a great game, ill have to try the warhammer game, is there a demo anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom