War Driveing alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kharn

Lord Techie,
Ok all of us know about war driving, but i was thinking what about a alternative to it, today I was fealing more unhealthy than normal and I decided to start a new hobby.

I am calling it war walking essentially it is the same as War Driving but you walk instead of using a car you walk. Put the laptop in a bag and get the dog lead and go for a hour long (or as long as you laptop battery lasts) walk. I am going to go for my first War Walk soon and I will tell you how it goes.

It will get you closer to the buildings, so it should work better. But you might attract attention standing there surfing...

Won't be surfing Trotter I will be using Netstumbler to locate the networks.

lol sounds fun... Maybe I should try it next time I go for a run..allthough I would look retarted running through the trail in the woods with a laptop. I doute I would get many networks in my area.

Well I just got back from the fist war walk I am going to review the results and tell you all what I found, This is for reaserch for part 2 of my wifi series.

OK The first Results are in.

TOTAL - 55 Wireless networks discovered.

Filtered by Encryption:
19 with Encryption OFF.
36 with Encryption ON

Filtered by Channel.
Channel 1 - 7 Active AP's
Channel 5 - 2 Active AP's
Channel 6 - 15 Active AP's
Channel 7 - 4 Active AP's
Channel 8 - 1 Active AP's
Channel 10 - 1 Active AP's
Channel 11 - 22 Active AP's
Channel 12 - 1 Active AP's
Channel 13 - 2 Active AP's

Not bad for 40minutes walk with the dog, I will post more details when I have more time. I looked at some of the names and it is surprising the amount of people who give there networks funny names OR name them after there house.

Laptop,USB wireless adapter, laptop bag, Small USB extention lead, Netstumbler <-- that is the required list.

Optional is a DOG, Bottle of watter and a pack of Ciggerets.

You walk the dog with netsumbler running in the bag and just walk. Healthy and Geeky.

OK just started looking at some of the names most are pointless and boreing but this is a list of highlights.

SLIMER
sAssY2006
NINJA_WRT54G
MAR
HAKA1NETWORK
cLoUd NiNe

And my personal favorite

GANGSTA NUM1's NeTWORKSSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom