Wanting to start programming

Vengeance

Baseband Member
So I'm 16 and I want to do programming as a career whether it's game programming or just general programming. In school now we're learning HTML so that is the only language a sort of "know" as of now.

Right now, I want to be able to create "bots" that post rules for groups, show images, kick rule breakers, and even AI bots that talk back to you for an IM app that I go on. And then over the next few years I want to start making "test" games with few friends I know online. Where should I start? what language, C++? Best, most clear tutorials?

If you want to start out, try Python. It's fairly easy to start learning.

If you're wanting to get into game programming, you'll want to learn C++.

Ah thanks, I saw a great websites teaching Python. Also, what language is needed for the bot coding I was talking about, C++?

you could also try DEV C++, its a free software for programming C++ (obviously).
also if your looking into something more professional and such, you could try out Microsoft Security Essential.
Goodluck

you could also try DEV C++, its a free software for programming C++ (obviously).
also if your looking into something more professional and such, you could try out Microsoft Security Essential.
Goodluck

Dev C++ is an IDE, not a language (C++ is the language it compiles). Dev C++ is horribly out of date (IMO). I recommend Code::Blocks if you're going to do C++ in Windows (or even use Microsoft's Visual C++); unless you want to do everything via command line, then Cygwin would be a good start (unless you just want to go ahead and install Linux).

And, what are you talking about with Security Essentials for? That's not a programming language, compiler, editor or anything.. that's security software...

Even Java is being used more and more for game development now that performance is nearly equal to C++. All depends on what you're looking to create.

C++ is not "mostly for graphics". I'm not even sure what you mean considering you can't program graphics.

C++ is used in every branch of development.

Back
Top Bottom