wanting to learn how to program

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest Java, C#, or VB.

Remember though that you are not just learning a programming language but are learning how to program and think analytically.

Someone could memorize perfectly the syntax of a programming language but not be a very good programmer if the program is riddled with run-time or logic errors.

Once you get going with whatever language you choose to start, you'll improve your programming skills and in the future will be able to start using a new programming language and just need to learn the new syntax of that new programming language because you'll have learned the basic concepts of programming while you learned the first programming language (if this makes any sense).

I suggest Java, C#, or VB.

Remember though that you are not just learning a programming language but are learning how to program and think analytically.

Someone could memorize perfectly the syntax of a programming language but not be a very good programmer if the program is riddled with run-time or logic errors.

Once you get going with whatever language you choose to start, you'll improve your programming skills and in the future will be able to start using a new programming language and just need to learn the new syntax of that new programming language because you'll have learned the basic concepts of programming while you learned the first programming language (if this makes any sense).

^ Some good points made there, I have found that with more programming experience I am getting better about making less logic errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom