Want to Install Vista!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chazzer3

In Runtime
Hi Guys,

I've got my Beta copy of vista and want to install it, but I need to make a partition first to install it on. Could someone please let me know whether it has to be logical or primary, and also, are there any free partition managers around? as I cannot find one! Thanks a lot,

Charlie -

PS: how long to the BETAs last? ie. how long does the serial key that I've been given go on for? Indefinite? or is it timed?

Disk Management is a program built into windows. You will need to format a partition before splitting it with that. You can use a 30day trial of PartitionMagic but remember to back up before doing it. The Linux one would probally be the best for splitting an existing partition.

i think you use " Partition Magic " it's used for window i think it's free , not sure but i don't have to pay for it. and i dont' think you need to format the partition in order to split it using Partition Margic.

Create an extended logical partition and install Vista on that. You will be able to dual boot with your existing OS and browse each other files. It's not that hard at all.

Yeah, thanks, can anyone provide a link to a free partition manager, or at least a trial??!

Thanks a lot.

Charlie -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom