Want to buy domain.. Link emails from it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
I want to buy a domain for my new youtube channel. I want create emails but have them link to my gmail. For instance. I want Contact@mynewdomain.com and Business@mynewdomain.com to go to my gmail mygmail@gmail.com.

I Hope that made sense.

So 2 email addresses ending in mynewdomain.com forwarding to @gmail.com. I should be possible as I can sort the mail into Business and Contact folders automatically by what address the mail was sent to.

Its called email forwarding.

Self Maintained Server:
If you own your own server you will have to install a Email database (EX: Microsoft Exhchange). I can elaborate more on this method if you wish.

Server space service:

This is the most common way that people host their Domains. Depending on what service you get most web hosting companies include a E-mail database to be able to create your own E-mails with your domain (EX:name@domainname.com). Now to do this log into your Web host admin panel and you should see the option to make E-mails. While creating the E-mail you should remember that you need to forward the E-mail address to your name@gmail.com.

If you would like me to elaborate more on a certain point go ahead and let me know.

Remember,

Depending what web hosting company you chose depends on the specific details on how to forward your Email address.

Hope my post was informative.

Depending on what level of email compatibility you're looking for, MS Exchange can give you some great organization, but I'd go through another company, too expensive to run your own server. MailStreet & Apps4Rent is pretty cheap, and well respected.

GoDaddy and JetMedia are good and popular web hosts for most people looking for domain/emailing hosting or forwarding.

buy your domain from namecheap or godaddy and they offer email forwarding for free. Might be what your looking for. Also there is always google apps standard edition that would do this as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom