Wal-Mart Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
to land this high-powered position, do the following:

1. get good and drunk before the interview
2. Wear som old ratty-looking street clothes - this shows your that your quailifications speak for themselves.
3. make sure to swear a lot during an interview - this shows you mean business when you talk.
4. Make sure to ask about lunch time and breaks - you might not get them if you don't.
5. Ask about drug testing - Specifically if they are easy to "pass".
6. Tell them you have anger issues and you like to break stuff.
7. Ask if you can use the department phone to talk to your girlfriend/boyfriend. - This shows that you can multitask.

But... If you really want the job,

Confidence is key.
Sit up straight
Make eye contact with the interviewer.
Don't talk bad about proir jobs or positions.
Dress as if you were going to work that day. (tie if necessary)
Use proper english not slang
Focus on your abilities/technical knowledge
Don't lie about your compentencies. like say you can type if you can't
Don't chew gum during the interview
Don't look at your watch - this can be percieved and impatience
don't wear a lot of cologne or perfume.
Finally, remenber that they called you based on what you put on your application. Somebody thinks your qualified for the position, so prove them right!

Good luck! :D

FireFox said:
Thanks. That's pretty much what I wanted to know.

A quick question for you, what do most applicants where to interviews?

They mostly wear dress pants and a nice shirt. It all depends. Being that you are going for Electronics i would suggest a nice shirt maybe a nice Polo shirt. A tie isnt necessary. At elast not where i am at. Ties are only worn by Assistant Mgrs. So hourly people dont wear them.

molsen said:
lol @ getting tips for a walmart interview.

they'll probably just ask if you're fine with being underpaid, receiving lack-lusted benefits and generally being under-compensated for your time and effort.

edit:
oh. nevermind.

agreed.

btw firefox which walmart will you be working at? I am in PA a lot and I was just wondering.

Soundmaster2.0 said:
btw firefox which walmart will you be working at? I am in PA a lot and I was just wondering.

:p I live in PA, If your Walmart is close to me I will come in and tell them your the best employee I ever had the pleasure to deal with!!:D They might promote you to full Sales Associate!!:p

Makaveli213 said:
They mostly wear dress pants and a nice shirt. It all depends. Being that you are going for Electronics i would suggest a nice shirt maybe a nice Polo shirt. A tie isnt necessary. At elast not where i am at. Ties are only worn by Assistant Mgrs. So hourly people dont wear them.

Thanks again.

Mjmitch2 & Soundmaster2.0: It's a supercenter in Bechtelsville that was recently built. About 50mins outside of Phili, and 30mins from Allentown and Reading. :confused:

FireFox said:
Thanks again.

Mjmitch2 & Soundmaster2.0: It's a supercenter in Bechtelsville that was recently built. About 50mins outside of Phili, and 30mins from Allentown and Reading. :confused:

ZOMGZ

I live near reading,
someday I will come and buy something from you and pay in all pennies and I will laugh as you count all the pennies

HA HA HA

StylinGolfShoes said:
ZOMGZ

I live near reading,
someday I will come and buy something from you and pay in all pennies and I will laugh as you count all the pennies

HA HA HA

And then I'd tell you that we don't accept pennies. Company policy.

Edit: I hate double posting. :p

Anyway, off I go to the interview. Wish me luck. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom