wait or not to wait?

CargoSlug

In Runtime
hey..... I was wanting to play hat new battle feild 2 game so I need to up grade my vid card... Should I go and purchase a new x850xt pe now or wait untill they drop in price.......if they are going to drop at all.. I dont really wnat to spend more that $600cdn

Overkill, better then Underkill..... If you want to spend it, no one is going to tell you you spent to much on it here. because most of us want the newest and the best. So go for what you think. Do you want a VC for your game or for Future games, and what not, make sure you let us know. If not BUY IT have fun. Its a good card.

I'd personally wait till the prices drop, but if you have to get a card inbetween that might not run it as much, I'd just buy it, as it'd run games for a very long while, new and not so new, at top res's and top quality settings, at least for 6 months or so before a new card arrives and new games need more oomph.

Thats why I think it is always best to go budget and then just upgrade when you need to, saving alot of money

I doubt half Life 3 or The Unreal Word would be coming out in 6 months, Id give that card atleast a year+ for future games, theres few games that use so much high-end graphix. Now rember who buys these games? 12 - 17yr old kids mostly, and pls tell me how many 12yr olds are gunna buy 300$ video cards, I think they will stay with a xbox or playstation of sorts.

Unless they got some good sugar-daddy/mamma parents.

haha yeah.

Yeah I might have been a bit stupid in saying 6 months, though its been the way sometimes.
A year might be a truer statement, so it just last you a good while.
I'd expect that card to run those games too at okay settings when they come out, but they'll utilise Shader Model 3 (allows for more shaders on an object making it look better) and ATI doesn't use Shader Model 3 yet even though on some cards they say they support DirectX-9c...
Shouldn't be a problem though, even on new games that do support it

By the way this might have been a better question asked in the Hardware section of the forum

Back
Top Bottom