Wait for a new build?

Osak

Daemon Poster
ok im planning on a new build here soon, my question is should i wait for the new socket mobo from AMD to come out or would i be good with a 939 socket and a 4400?

Wait for the new stuff to come out. You are in the same boat as me. We have pretty decent systems and I'm looking to build another one too. It's worth it to wait for the new stuff though.

but new stuff is always coming out! you buy something, and 1 month later the 'new and improved' version is out!

yeah i was in the same situation as you people. i built both the computers i was looking to build, after all the socket am2 will cost more in all departments, and critics are saying the performance wont increase that quickly, plus who knows when reliable parts for the new socket will come out.

Zaki said:
yeah i was in the same situation as you people. i built both the computers i was looking to build, after all the socket am2 will cost more in all departments, and critics are saying the performance wont increase that quickly, plus who knows when reliable parts for the new socket will come out.
ya. good stuff for the new socket probably wont come out until a lil while after the socket is released, so i say use skt939 stuff

or better yet, wait for the new socket to come out, so prices on 939 stuff will go down. then u can build ur system.

thats wat im planning on doing, cuz i definately need a new system.

Yeah, new stuff will probably cost a lot more money than what everyone's using now. But you get what you pay for. The only thing that's going to cost a bit is the CPU. The new motherboards can't be all that outrageous in price. I mean, people are buying motherboards today anywhere from $99-$200 with most of us buying somewhere in the middle.

I think it should be ok. RAM is never that expensive. DDR2 for Intel doesn't look too bad. I think prce wise, it shouldn't be that bad.

ya as everyone said the new stuff will be expensive but that means all the 939 stuff is gona get cheaper :D so thats the only reason i would wait

Back
Top Bottom