Wacom Cintiq and other questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ynna

Beta member
Hi

I'm in the processing of researching to build a new computer. This computer will be used mainly for:

3D modeling
Animation
Graphic design

Right now I have a laptop that constantly overheats, and I do a majority of my work at school, but I would really like to invest in something that will provide optimum results. I know that this will be a lot of money (which I am saving up for), but it's a small price to pay for the field that I am going into. Any suggestions on what best video cards, proccesor, etc. I should use?

The Wacom Cintiq looks like something that I want to use, but it's quite pricey. I've used the Wacom tablets before, and they work nice, but this tablet/monitor seems to be the one the professional industry uses...and it also looks wicked awesome. Has any had any experience with it?

Anyway, any tips or suggestions would help :)

can u give us a link for the Wacom, ur budget. and u want it to be tablet? can it be a desktop with a tablet.

Sure. The link is here:

http://www.wacom.com/lcdtablets/index.cfm

The cintiq itself is 2500, and I'm guessing the computer will be around 1000, so about 3500 is my budget. I'm still not sure if I should go all out and get cintiq or just stick with the normal drawing tablet for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom