W00T!!! more ATI cards

Here is the ASUS HD 5870 V2.

While the Matrix may be something only attainable by people with deep pockets, ASUS has something up their sleeves for the rest of us too. What they will do is essentially phase out ATI's reference design and replaces it with one of their own…at the same price point. So within the next few months, ASUS will have a standard HD 5870 card that distinguishes itself from those offered by the competition while not asking for a price premium. The pictures are below and it looks pretty good to us.

Even though we don't have all of the details just yet, we can tell you this “new” card will feature a custom PCB and cooling design but its clock speeds and memory allotment will remain the same as standard HD 5870 cards. The backplate is also changed to offer additional airflow. For your information, here is what the SKU change will look like:

Source

HD5870-MATRIX-13.jpg

HD5870-MATRIX-14.jpg

HD5870-MATRIX-15.jpg

Whats the tech name of that new Video port. I have been referring to it as the new video port since I first seen it, which was along time ago. The port in between the DVI and HDMI port on the picture above.

Whats the tech name of that new Video port. I have been referring to it as the new video port since I first seen it, which was along time ago. The port in between the DVI and HDMI port on the picture above.

Display port.

It's Dell's creation. ATI only uses it because it doesn't have the pixel clock requirements of DVI or HDMI, thus making extra monitors possible on a single card, without adding extra RAMDACs.

HAHAHA so many new cards. The long awaited VaporX 5850 finally appeared. I think all of ATI's manufacturers are trying to get as many cards out as possible before Nvidia.

http://www.provantage.com/sapphire-technology-100282vxsr~7SAPP04A.htm

SAPP04A.JPG

I see someone in the Business dept. named it instead of the IT dept. IT developers always want to use three to four words to make you add another acronym to the 3,657,628,719 acronyms your already trying to remember.

Isn't there an acronym in your sig? And one that you made up?
Just found photos of NV cards. Will post in new thread, as this is for ATI.

Yeah its Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer. I'm getting rdy to take that certification. I test for it this summer, I have been taking a couple of classes to get myself up to date. Then on to the big MS cert and the Cisco Certs.

Edit: These certs are the reasons why I hate acronyms.

Back
Top Bottom