W/C Parts are in and it will soon be assembly time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspire

The Water Cooling Guru
So I finally went out, and bought the stuff for my water cooling loop.

All the stuff was purchased at www.petrastechshop.com

What i got:

Aquaxtreme MP-1 CPU Block

Aquaxtreme MP-1 GPU Block

Laing D5/ Swiftech Version

MCR220 DUal 120mm fan Rad by Swiftech

Some Yate Loon Fans

Worm Drive Clamps

MasterKleer tubing

T-line fittings

Hydrx Additive
----------------------------------------------

Total: $249.70

Now i gotta get it all together this week in time for saturdays lan party.

Should be pretty awesome if it turns out right.

Ill have pics of the stuff and the assembly as it happens.

Currently Waiting for my friend to drop the stuff off at my house

Feel free to leave tips, previous experiences, or comments regarding my setup.

-aspire

leak test like no tomorrow. That's my main hint to you :D

Hopefully you've got an old PSU that you can turn into a test PSU so you can run the pump and let your line run for an hour or so to make sure there's no leaks in it. Some people like to run it for 24 hours, buuuut I generally just go 30 mins to an hour.

Plus of course to fill it up you kind of need a test psu since you gotta basically, pour in water, turn it on, then off....pour in more water, repeat until it's full. The reason I don't like to just turn it on and try and pour the water in is because it'd be easy in the beginning for the pump to run a little without water going through it. Plus sometimes a weird vaccuum builds up and you need to turn it off so it settles.

Don't know, maybe that's just what happened to me anyway.

I'm gonna have to drain my loop here in a few days and then refill it once I get up to Seattle....not really looking forward to that.

how would you leak test it?

WOuld you do it inside the case, hooked up to everything, or would you not mount it, and just test it completely out of case?

I just mount it all in my case. If you built it outside and leak tested out there, ya never know if something could happen or shake loose once you try to put it in the machine and even though you leak tested it before hand, it might spring a leak because of moving it.

You leak test it by filling your loop and letting the pump run for 30 minutes to an hour to make sure everything is as it should be.

Sometimes a leak wont make itself apparent until the pumps been running a little bit.

You need to make a test PSU so that you can turn on your pump without turning on the rest of the computer.

I had a leak from both my CPU and GPU block once before. Thank god I did leak testing before hand otherwise that coulda been a tragedy.

http://www.casemodgod.com/mod_test_psu.htm

Theres instructions on how to make the test PSU.

BTW, you dont have to do it quite like the guide says and cut your wires. If you take a paperclip and stick it in the 20/24pin connector where the two wires are that'll work the same as well.

EDIT: Infact, I forgot I took a picture of it for someone else one time:

testpsu2.jpg

I was wondering, if you find a leak in your system, is it easily fixable or do you have to get a replacement? Or is it just a matter of it not being tightened enough? I also want to setup a kit myself, but I don't really have time to get everything setup then find out its not working and having to wait to get a replacement or something.

well think about it.

if there was a hole or somthing, it would leak as soon as you turn it on.

So why test it for an hour?

Usually the clamps arent tight enough or the tubing is messed up...

Alright, so to kind of rephrase my question. Are these problems commen and would they be easy to fix?

Lord AnthraX said:
well think about it.

if there was a hole or somthing, it would leak as soon as you turn it on.

So why test it for an hour?

Sometimes a leak wont make itself apparent until the pumps been running a little bit.

Alright, so to kind of rephrase my question. Are these problems commen and would they be easy to fix?

:classic:

Now you can sell me your CNPS9500 thank you :D

Yeah yeah yeah...

I only have the socket 939 mounting hardware for it, so as long as thats all right. Ill also send ya the Fan Mate thing.

ANyways, im on my way over to the store to buy a gallon of distilled water to fire up the system. Should be pretty sweet! :D

Ill get pictures up in a couple hours

I only have the socket 939 mounting hardware for it, so as long as thats all right. Ill also send ya the Fan Mate thing.

You know Dual Core, ... Opteron 170... s939 only ... :confused: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom