Vpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

jspot

In Runtime
every 5 minutes I get a VPU recovery message .. I haven't changed any of my setting ... I have already re installed and updated all drivers ... it is really getting annoying now. what can I do to fix the problem?

I assume you have an ATI graphics cards. In the ATI Catalyst tweak guide at TweakGuides.com, it recommends turning off VPU Recover for a lot of reasons. Is yours off?

synth7 said:
I assume you have an ATI graphics cards. In the ATI Catalyst tweak guide at TweakGuides.com, it recommends turning off VPU Recover for a lot of reasons. Is yours off?

I would guess not if he's getting a VPU RECOVER MESSAGE.

You could underclock it and see if that works. This is a crappy solution to your problem. :(

Also, you could try anaftermarket cooler if the card is overheathing. I think that's what VPU recovery is for.

My buddy had to send his card back to the MFG (He had the same issue with a 9800XT). This was just a month ago, so even if your card is old, you should still be able to gget some service.

One other thing, On my X850xt, it was a hot running card untill I figured out that the fan on the card was running at 10% untill temps got to 80 degrees C. I downloaded ATI tool and set up the fan speed properly. Now i get about 62 degrees C under full load. Perhaps your fan speed is slow....

is ATI tool a free download and what steps do I take to up my fan speed?

yes, it's free. here's a link

Fan speed adjustment is really easy. i'm at work right now, or i would tell you exactly how to use it. I'll send that out when i get home.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom