VP Confusion..

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I'm curious too know if I can do everything I do now except while on a VPN running from my Internet Connection.. Can someone explain how the added layer of protection will help myself with regards too a bit more privacy on the Internet.

As Far as I'm aware a VPN will operate as in Encrypting the internet connection on a Users end at the terminal the are Physically sitting but what I'm confused about is when trying too use a free VPN threw Firefox built it add on features the whole thing goes wrong. I cant connect too Facebook, Google, and have very slow connections.

Hows is it possible too get get a VPN with no Logging as in encrypt my IP Address and change my location while still accessing the services I use daily.. Will I have too change my Browser, Search engine, E - Mail, or anything else? Can someone tell me how they work and what it is I would be paying for..

Sounds like you're using a Proxy, not a VPN.

Well that just shows you how much I know then Carnage.. Do you know why the Proxy it self would be unstable as in a manor of Speaking.. If I pay for a VPN Subscription, say for the 12 Month ahead, what will it do for me.. Can anyone explain? If I have a Connection I think that is routed threw say another country as in my end at my terminal being a VPN, would it actually be from the Phone line it self or would my System have to have software on it. I know nothing.

A proxy is just putting your connection through several different nodes and then making it appear like you're from the final destination. A lot of proxy services are unstable and a lot are blocked by websites.

A VPN uses software you install on your computer (if using a 3rd party VPN, in your case), when used to anonymize yourself, forces your connection to go through the software, encrypting your traffic, and then sends you through several nodes setup to use the VPN, and then finally at the end node at the VPN server that decrypts your connection and connects you to whatever you were trying to do. It's similar to a proxy, but much more secure (more difficult to trace back to you (depending on the VPN), and encrypted).

More info here: security - What is the difference between a proxy and a VPN? - Super User

pretty much paying for encryption services to prevent the public from seeing the data that you are transmitting. the company you sign on with still has full access to your communications. anyone one else can still see traffic your sending but can't make sense of it because it is encrypted.

there's other attacks ppl can do to see your communications. first one to come to my mind is a man in the middle attack. I could setup a router and leave it as open wifi. you connect to it and setup your vpn connection. the software on my router can make you think you're protected but in reality you setup a connection with my router and i'm just relaying communications to the vpn provider.

Man-in-the-middle attack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

for these reasons, i dont buy vpn services to the public internet for personal use.

So pretty much its a case of on the Public Internet their is no way of being able too stay fully connected while being fully private, thus being on a VPN or Proxy.. All most every time I have used proxy I have all ways had a problem with web sites blocking me, left right & center.

Google, yahoo, and a lot of other search engines. Including Facebook. Looking at the Man in the Middle attack, its not that complicated too breach security.

Back
Top Bottom