Vote:Should we have a news section?

But how would the scolling bar be kept up to date?

I guess maybe we could have some RSS feeds or something

ya, mabey and RSS feed

or, maby higher gurus or mods who are online can keep it up to date.

if there are none, than just have repeats

how about just a news section where we post links to articles to discuss

Here is a good example of what I was thinking. You'll see this site has many different news related articles and is much more than a forum. But if you check out the forum section its still large and gives guests the chance to post up questions.

http://www.dslreports.com/

I'd be willing to do write ups on various things and help out if this is something you'd like to do David. IMO that would give CF a much more lasting effect and more appeal. Users can come and browse around at various aritcles and if they have questions about one they could post them up in the forum section. Not to mention the ads you could slide into the articles pertaining to whatever the article is about. IE we do a write up on a new phone that we got. Slap a ad in there directed to a manufacture of the phone were reviewing. Then make the registered user version add free encouraging people to join up to get rid of ads and contribute to the community.

PS you need more sections on this forum its way to general. Better organization and more categories would be great.

For example the main section will say is General Hardware. You see all kinds of posts in here with basically everything about computer problems in there. Why not break it down into the various parts of the computer a little more on the main page. Thats the reason you don't get much traffic in sections like the processors because people just post them up in the General Hardware section. The sub forums are great but you need to make the main forum leading into the sub forum more specific. IE like an overclocking section which would have general overclock questions then a sub forum dedicated for each component.

Also I'd like to see a today window of the latest posts if possible. I know you can click the new posts button but having something either on top of the main forum page or at the bottom of the page would be nice as you would see say the latest 10 posts compiled from all the sections.

I know I got off topic but I've been meaning to type up some stuff but have been lazy.

I like the idea of a seperate category for news. But I am not keen on the idea of a scrolling news bar personally.

But how would the scolling bar be kept up to date?

I guess maybe we could have some RSS feeds or something

If we had a sub forum,the scrolling bar would merely print the latest thread titles,and if you click on the title,it would take you to that page.I've seen other forums have a similar setup.

Back
Top Bottom