Vostro VS Latitude the difference?

Desitm

Beta member
I am looking at buying a new laptop for one of the people in our company who travels quite a bit. I'm trying to decide between a Latitude and a Vostro. Since I seem to be able to get just about all the same features on both - I'm trying to determine what the BIG difference is in the two. She doesn't need or want a docking station or to connect a monitor - so that part of the Latitude we don' t need. Traditionally we've gone with Latitudes or Inspiron's but i've recently purchased two Vostro's and found them to be nice Laptops. I'm wondering what the REAL difference is since the price is lower obviously. They seem just as sturdy as the Latitude? I'd like some opinions on this since I am pretty much novice on hardware.
Thanks!

I always thought Inspiron was the consumer model, and that Vostros were simply renamed Inspirons....
Click here for detailed deference between Vostro and Latitude.
Latitudes are the true business class machine. While specs may be similar, I have heard that Latitudes are generally more robust and solid.

Vostro is more for small business segment... I bought a Vostro 1500 back in like, 2007? Still have it, still use it, and it's handled a thrashing over the years.

Back
Top Bottom