Vostro 1400, Should I Buy?

ZeroGravity107

Solid State Member
Okay, so I've been wanting a laptop for a long time.

I want to get myself familiar with Vista. So its gotta have Vista, I'd like 2gigs of RAM, I'd like a dedicated graphics card, and lastly I'd like a 7200rpm HDD.

I have been browsing the Dell outlet and found this Vostro 1400.

Vostro 1400
(System Identifier: EEEEF79M)
• Vostro 1400 Laptop: Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 (2.0GHz/800Mhz FSB/2MB cache)
• Genuine Windows Vista Business
System Price : $739.00

Operating System
Genuine Windows Vista Business
Hard Disk Drive
160 GB Free Fall Sensor Hard Drive (7200RPM)
Web Camera
Integrated 2.0 Mega Pixel Web Camera
No Camera
Base
Vostro 1400 Laptop: Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 (2.0GHz/800Mhz FSB/2MB cache)
Network Interface Card
Dell 1395 802.11G Wireless Mini Card

It looks very much to be what I want, but I'm afraid to rush into buying it. I've looked up some reviews and such and it looks decent. Can I get some input from you guys? This is my first post here. Thanks for the help :cool:

Sidenote: I got my government $600 this weekend (direct deposit)

I have a dell vostro 1700, their great man, your gonner open the box and feel the laptop, so smooth, so nice,, screens are awsome size, touch pad is places perfect, its got lots of inputs, plenty, like if you have a digi cam, you take the memory out and put it in the side and boom its on, also like phones sd memory and what not, its got wireless n thats rapid, fast aswell, theirs to much, but the thing i like about what dell have done on vostros, the top layer on the laptop is smooth for a reason, it's to hard to get scrathed, its like scracth proof, i don't know but highly doub't it will let you down

yours has wireless G tho.

1700 is good for what you pay but i have boring ingrated graphics, you can upgrade a little at a little

Hey thanks for the reply! Yeah pretty much that's what I've been hearing about the Vostros. I'm not looking for anything flashy. I just want a nice machine that looks nice, runs well, and can get the things done that I want done.

By the way, 802.11N is backwards compatible with a/b/g, correct?

Yes with them.

And yes man, of course, its well nice, I very doubt you'll be let down, the cost is good.

Took them 3 days to get here

O and one more thing, The sound is AWSOME! I just think wow to the sound, loudest laptop sound Ive had and Ive been threw a few laptops man.

goodluck

1more good thing, water proof keybored, I dropped half a can on my laptop and it still works LMFAO

If you want pics man of everything on the laptop, such as the inputs just ask, the dell has a SD memory input so its fast and easy to take a pic and put it on the pc

Back
Top Bottom