Vizio D24H-J09 display issue

ikonix360

Daemon Poster
I have a Vizio D24H-J09 display I bought today and connected to my computer and it has an issue.

I used a DVI to HDMI cable and I also used a HDMI to HDMI cable with no change.

The issue is the desktop which is set to the native resolution of 1366 X 768 extends beyond the display edges and absolutely none of the display controls on the TV fixes it.

11.jpg

The only way to fix it is to go into Nvidia control panel and resize it, but then the display is not 1366 X 768 like it should be.

Also I shouldn't have to adjust anything to make a TV which is 720P display the 720P signal properly.

Any idea what the issue is?

In order for the display to be right I have to set it to 1324 X 744.

However I have two Vizio D24H-G9 TVs that display the desktop just fine set to their native resolution.

Last edited:
Hi iconix360, Have you tried rebooting the computer? I had this same problem with the gaming laptop that I own with NVIDIA and Intel. I was playing a game that was downloaded from Microsoft Store when the graphics suddenly displayed the wrong screen size. I attempted to adjust the settings and was unable to locate the screen resolution size that was required so I thought maybe rebooting the laptop would help and wula! The screen resultion resolved itself. To my surprize it did! :)

Not sure that's my issue as I had the computer set to 1366 X 768 which is the TVs native resolution.

Could it be a firmware issue with the TV?

Not sure that's my issue as I had the computer set to 1366 X 768 which is the TVs native resolution.

Could it be a firmware issue with the TV?

It very well could be an issue with the firmware as your computer graphics may not be compatible with the TV's screen resolution's firmware and in turn may cause display issues. Have you tried updating the firmware? The update may help with the compatibility issues if there are updates available.

On the Windows display settings page 1366 X 768 is reported as the recommended resolution for that TV and when I do the clear type tuner it wants to set the resolution to 1366 X 768.

Now when I first turned the TV on it did do a firmware update.

On the Windows display settings page 1366 X 768 is reported as the recommended resolution for that TV and when I do the clear type tuner it wants to set the resolution to 1366 X 768.

Now when I first turned the TV on it did do a firmware update.

Hmm:unsure: Do you have a different monitor that you can try? It is possible that you may need a larger screen resulution and may need a larger monitor.

Back
Top Bottom