Vivaldi: the new kid on the block

MadmanRB

In Runtime
In recent years it seems like nearly every browser under the sun has become a clone of google chrome in some form or fashion.
From Opera,to Maxthon, to Edge to even Firefox looking more like chrome then it does its own browser.
Its attack of the chrome clones and its gotten very stale and boring.
But then there is Vivaldi which while can use chromes extensions and uses its blink engine is an entirely new kettle of fish in looks.
It is very reminiscent of the old opera browser which is no coincidence as its developed by a former member of Opera Jón S. von Tetzchner
While just entering its first main release it is already becoming my favorite browser and has a very promising future with plans for a new version of the old opera mail client and cross platform user account wizards.
Its still new and lacks some features but is off to a much better start then opera when it transformed from one of the best browsers on the web to a pathetic shell of its former self.
Try it out:

https://vivaldi.com/

Trust me it may lack some things now but its very good already.

Whats the difference between browsers, I mean I use FF, as I find it easy to use and is all most compatible with every web page I have ever used. I've never had a problem with it.

Do you know if FF is in too all that DATA Harvesting that Microsoft is; Mozilla should I say.

Why should I change browsers. Whats wrong with FF.

Rendering engines, source code, extension support etc. Those are the main differences (besides any UI) of browsers.

Don't have to change browsers - mostly up to you if you want to or not.

If you want to know if FF collects telemetry, then I'd suggest reading through their Privacy Policy / ToS.

Nothings really wrong with firefox, but its nice to have other alternatives.
Plus Firefox may be killing itself later this year as they are dumping all plugins, java, silverlight, flash and other common plugins will soon not work at all on firefox and since they seem to have no in house alternatives it will be a very bad browser especially for linux users.

Nothings really wrong with firefox, but its nice to have other alternatives.
Plus Firefox may be killing itself later this year as they are dumping all plugins, java, silverlight, flash and other common plugins will soon not work at all on firefox and since they seem to have no in house alternatives it will be a very bad browser especially for linux users.

Oh Dear. If thats the case I'm well screwed.

Linux user? Yeah better look into Vivaldi especially if you use 32bit linux and want things like netflix to work

Using 64Bit Mint, Linux. Have been for over a year now and have it on all my systems.

Can you direct me to some reading on this. So I can find out more.

Back
Top Bottom