Visual Studio

x-_KR3UZL3R_-x

Beta member
I need some major help with a program and i hope this is the place to come to
Basically this is what im tryin to accomplish
Along with some other things
If i could really find someone that could help me out here it would be greatly appreciated

Program.jpg

You don't say what the output is meant to be, but I'm assuming you want some output to appear on press of the "generate" button when you've first pushed the "select first" button, and subsequently checked the "select second" optionbox?

If so, I'd just use a couple of boolean variables. When the first button is clicked, set variable bool1 to true, then when the second optionbox is checked set variable bool2 to true IFF bool1 is true (so you have to press the button first.)

Then when the "generate" button is hit just check whether bool2 is true, and if so show whatever output you want to show.

Seems like a bit of a bizarre program though, any reason for it?

You don't say what the output is meant to be, but I'm assuming you want some output to appear on press of the "generate" button when you've first pushed the "select first" button, and subsequently checked the "select second" optionbox?

If so, I'd just use a couple of boolean variables. When the first button is clicked, set variable bool1 to true, then when the second optionbox is checked set variable bool2 to true IFF bool1 is true (so you have to press the button first.)

Then when the "generate" button is hit just check whether bool2 is true, and if so show whatever output you want to show.

Seems like a bit of a bizarre program though, any reason for it?

That is not the real program i just made that one to give you an idea instead of me explaining it
ohhh and the out put box is what is set for select one and select two and generate links those two together
and secondly ill try that out if i can figure it out cuz im really really new to the program

so select 1 is a drop down list or something?
and select 2 is a drop down list

then you press generate.

what you need to do is edit the generate button and add an on_click event

the on click event should say something like.

output.text = "you chose " & select1.text & " and you also chose " & select2.text

so select 1 is a drop down list or something?
and select 2 is a drop down list

then you press generate.

what you need to do is edit the generate button and add an on_click event

the on click event should say something like.

output.text = "you chose " & select1.text & " and you also chose " & select2.text

No theyre not drop down lists in order for the "generate" to generate something select 1 and select 2 need to be selected then generate is the outpux of Textbox1 or output

so select 1 is a button.
select 2 is a radio button.

generate is a button,

text box one is the only thing that's got, or going to have any content.

in that case you need to set an event or variable on the select 1 button

onlick_select1()
global_var_select_1_pressed = true

then when generate is pressed you need to have something like this.

you have the radio button of select 2 set to a value.

onclick_generate()
if (global_var_select_1_ pressed == true AND select2.value == xyz) then
textbox1.text = "generated"
else
msgbox "you need to select stuff first"

Back
Top Bottom