Vista?

Pidge14

In Runtime
So my hard drive crashed and i need to buy a new copy of an OS. Well i saw that the basic version of vista is the same price of XP. Is it worth it to buy this copy of Vista. I've looked at specs of vista and it looks good. but it is it worth the buy then to go back to XP again?

I'd go back to XP. Vista home basic is well.... basic. There's really no point in vista basic, it has no AERO, no media center or any of the other features that make vista worth using. Vista is also a little bit more RAM hungry than XP but if your system can handle it then go for it.

If you are going to buy the basic version of Vista over XP don't even bother. I love Vista, but the Basic version is actually the basic version. You will be able to email, browse the web, and make word documents, but that is all. None of the things that make Vista better than XP are even included in the basic package. All you get is the craptastic Windows Defender, and Instant search (a glorified Google desktop).

You do NOT get Aero or any of the features that come with it.

IMO, get XP if you can't get at least Vista Business.

-Thel

Home Premium? That is the OS of choice for most computer users. It gets you what the Basic edition doesn't. Very eye-pleasing interface, especially if your rig can run Aero.

It also gives you some very useless software that you will most probably delete, such as Windows Defender and Windows Media center. However I do have to admit that the Instant search does come in handy, as does the changed System Restore program. However, the windows DVD maker is quite nice.

It basically has most of the features of XP+ a better looking interface.

I like it, you might too.

Home premium is awesome. I had it on my PC, I went back to XP because I prefer how little RAM it uses. I'm going back to vista once I build a rig that can handle it with no troubles. Mine did alright with 1.5GB RAM and a 3.0GHZ P4, if you don't have a dual core CPU or 2GB RAM I don't recommend an upgrade unless you don't want to game. Home premium is an awesome OS though, if you can run it then it's definitely worth your money.

You don't have the CD-key? If yes you could just download it over the internet...

IMO, get XP if you can't get at least Vista Business.

-Thel

Poor recommendation IMHO.............
99% of the users would be wasting money to buy anything more than Home Premium. Business dosn't even have Media center in it!

Basic is a waste............get yourself Home Premium and I bet you'll love it.

Yes

Basic is only for people who goes rarely on the computer...
Business is for business... and ultimate is for business with media center....

Home Prenium is enough and is only $115 in OEM

Poor recommendation IMHO.............
99% of the users would be wasting money to buy anything more than Home Premium. Business dosn't even have Media center in it!

Basic is a waste............get yourself Home Premium and I bet you'll love it.

Oh you misunderstood me. I consider Business to be below Home Premium. Although it costs a bit more, Windows considers it to be lower than Home Premium.

The order is this:
Basic,
Business,
Home Premium,
Ultimate.

At least that is the way I view it.

Sorry for the confusion.

Back
Top Bottom