vista/xp home

gonemad

Baseband Member
trying to in stall xp home and delete vista xp runs through coping files but when i hit enter it says can't find hard disk check ur set up or press f3 to quit any solution to this prob i'm not to struck on vista my. lappy is an acer aspire 7720Z
thanks guy's

The acer's are currently setting up their hard drives as a RAID setup, so you would need to press F6 durring the boot from the CD, enter a floppy with the RAID driver on it, then go on to install. Depending on the BIOS of that lappy, you might be able to change the hard drive setup to some like "IDE", or "Legacy" instead of RAID.

yup tryed f6 looking for raid driver i can seem to find any place to find raid or sata drivers some direction in that matter would be greattttttt thanks again

sorry for the trouble but i do not see ahci in the acer downloads really appreciate this

Sorry. When you narrow it down to your laptop, go down in the driver list to all of the intel drivers. one of them will be the AHCI. Odds are it will will be "Intel AHCI Driver x.x.xx"

Back
Top Bottom