Vista Woes....

Ararius

Beta member
I recently ordered this machine http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8651167&type=product&id=1195599780039

And just received it in the mail yesterday, unpacked it, got things up and running the way I want it to be, and installed stuff, and downloaded some other things, just things that I'd want on my new comp (few games, some apps and such)

However, then I first restarted the comp to do the updates, but when it came back up, everything I tried to input my password it tosses it out, OR even more infuriating is when it doesn't throw it out immediately, and goes on like Vista is booting up and logging me in...... untill about a minute later it kicks out my pw. Whats even more perplexing is that it does that (acting like its booting up and not immediately saying the PW is incorrect) for other things I input that I know aren't the PW.

Now I know that PW I put it, and with the security for the stuff (having to input my pw 2x really makes it hard to make a mistake), but this is just messed up.

Customer support has told me different things. First called, guy said try to log in in safe mode (didnt work) and said there were techs that had PW knowhow but I needed to pay for it. 2 times I went via online (on diff computer) both the 'people' who I talked to told me to do the same thing, a system restore/repair that I cant access because my PW doesn't seem to be working. 2nd time I called, the person said that I needed to pay$20 for a real system restore disc (as the one I got seems to lack many things).

So it's either:
A: I'm stupid and messed up the PW
B: I messed up the PW on mistake
C: Vista is screwing with me
D: .....?

Any words of wisdom?

but wouldn't you use the admin account? or did you password that too?

Admin account isnt activated, when I try to do a system repair thing my Account, admin account, and guest account. Says both Guest and Admin are inactive. When I try to log into the admin account for system recovery says I need to activate it and contact my system administrator. Some for guest. A bit counter productive eh?

Yeah that's screwy, so what's wrong with the Restore Disk? usually they reset to factory settings.

Their's easier ways to simply reset the password, theirs many program to reset a windows password from a bootable cd, floppy, etc.

This is the one I commonly used, and yes it works with anything from NT 4.0 to Vista.
http://ebcd.pcministry.com/

It's pretty simple, should be able to figure it out, if not googling should produce some tutorials. Just remember to save the changes before you reboot or it won't save your new password.

Back
Top Bottom