Vista stuck in restart loop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_0648

Beta member
Hi all,

Had an issue with a virus/trojan that caused an audio advert to annoyingly play in the background. Was informed that Prevx malware remover would fix it, so I duely downloaded and bought a licence.

Prevx found 4 files which were infected, two with highly suspicious numerical names, and two which I thought were standard Vista files. Still, I trusted it and went ahead with the removal and restart process.

Now Vista won't boot, it's stuck in a restart loop. It doesn't even get to the screen with the scrolling loading bar. It reaches the black screen with the blinking cursor, blinks about 10 times and then re-boots to do it all again.

I've interrupted it to boot from the Vista CD to try a start up repair and a system restore - neither helped the situation.

My suspicions are that useful files are being destroyed by the virus scanner and have been scheduled for destruction during the boot process, hence why system restore didn't work. Heck, I'm just speculating here.

Some help would be appreciated!!!

Well you will have to do a system restore back to factory settings. Never trust software to remove infections that you have to pay for. There is so much free stuff out there that can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom