Vista Release Night

Do you think we need a new SMod? And who?

• apokalipse (8872)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chankama (1437)

• Ethereal_Dragon (1343)

• Law (3402)

• macdude425 (3382)

• nitestick (6080)

• We don't need anymore!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also rather be gunned down than to line up for ANY Microsoft product. I refuse to pay microcrap one cent for their products.

Of course, in order to keep up to date with the latest technology I will probably pirate a version from somewhere. Most of this new anti-piracy crap they are integrating in Vista is ****ing me off. Media files will have to be in special formats to be played, the list goes on and on. I think it's time that I just switch to Linux.

It'll be good eventually I'm sure. However I've never stood in line for something and never will, it just makes you feel like a jackass nerd.

Besides it's not going to be that revolutionary and not required at first, just like XP wasn't until a few years after its release. It will be better than XP but getting it as soon as it comes out seems unnecessary.

On top of that I'm not a reformat kiddie, so it's not like I'd need to reformat anyways. People that say you need to reformat every month are just retarded, it's completely unneeded and a pain in the ***. I'll reformat ever 6 months to a year, and usually I only do it to wipe out all of my installed programs, not because of any slowdown or problems.

I dont know how people can say that XP is that breakable, it just isn't and you're using the computer in the wrong way or something. I give my computer tons of torrent abuse and deletes/copies and it still runs as fast as it did since the last reformat.

I don't think that demand for Vista will be so pronounced that you HAVE to wait in line for it for the preceding 24 hrs. of its launch. Of course there are people--like many of us at TF--who will want it immediately, but I'd bet you that at least half the people with a computer in the world wouldn't be able to tell you what Vista is at this moment...The demand will be there for sure, and it will increase day by day. But Id suspect you could just waltz into a tech store the day it was released and have pretty darn good chance of being able to pick one up.

I havent even grabbed the beta. I dont really want it right now either. I typically wait for a year or so untill peopole work out the bugs in it.

Even then I would wait for a stripped down version to come out. Made by somone who took out all the crap used for licensing this and copyright that..

And they call pirates bad, at least pirates dont try to take over your computer.. I guess it doesnt matter. there are PLENTY of people who are smarter than MS and the gang who will break it, strip it down, and republish it to the world.

(sorry for the rant)

I'll be buying it day one as well - I have a computer that has no OS on it, so I can use Vista on this box and move XP Pro over to that computer.

Is there an official release date put out?

PS - About the price, the prices somebody posted ~a month ago here on TF was a hoax. The base version WILL NOT cost $250.... Vista will not be exorbinantly expensive.

I thought everone has the beta? Even I have it. The official one, I gave them 6 bucks for it. Figured it might come in useful some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom