vista out in 5 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The General said:
Yeah ... kind of like how they did that for Windows XP also... :rolleyes:

:eek: You mean new software takes more hardware power? O RLY?

Lol. Somehow I think my laptop can more than handle it, thats why I be downloading it and installing it tonight.

nitestick said:
i saw a news report on the late news about the rush in Australia to get a copy of Vista. i thought it was pathetic with them saying:
hundreds of self confessed tech-heads were waiting at the doors
yeah right, a tech head would not be remotely interested. they would have been sleeping like me.
yeah, I heard that, in those exact words.
Real techies know that Vista isn't really all that great compared to XP.

I should be getting my Microsoft Action Pack Subscription on monday.
I will install Office 2007 on myself, but Windows Vista is just going to have to wait.

Boss had a little bit of a heart attack when i told him that he's going to need to install another 512MB of ram and 128MB Video Cards into all of our PCs in order to get Vista Business to run on it.

sprtnbsblplya tell us what you think of vista once u install it... i want to get it since my laptop is fairly new and i dont have too much stuff on it so i wouldnt be losing too many things by getting vista

I will have Vista installed and up and running tomorrow afternoon (school until then, bleh).
If I can get FRAPS to run (crosses fingers) I will report on Oblivion performance and BF2 with screenshots, and whatever else I have time to get loaded all based on a Core Duo 32-bit 1.83 ghz, 256 MB Mobility X1600, 5400 RPM 100 gig HD, and 1.5 gigs of DDR 667 RAM, basically a decent "mid-range" system (the S96J in my sig).

Also, I may get around to having time to let you photo nerds know how a Canon 10D RAW file processes in Photoshop CS2, and if Premiere Pro 2 runs I'll also try to get some estimates for you guys on how well Vista runs digital video editing. (may not have time for those last two this week though)

Also, I'm pretty sure most of us use the same software on our PCs, Firefox 2, MS Office, Adobe Reader 8, iTunes 7.x.x, Windows Media 11, WinRar, and a few others. Will report any issues with the average users software as well.

The General said:
All the real tech-heads would just go to www.debian.org and download themselves a great operating system for free. :p

Can it run CS2, Premiere Pro, BF2, Oblivion, ChemOffice Ultra 10, CAT Scan processing software, Meade telescope controls, or Palm Desktop?

Doubtful.

sprtnbsblplya said:
Also, I'm pretty sure most of us use the same software on our PCs, Firefox 2, MS Office, Adobe Reader 8, iTunes 7.x.x, Windows Media 11, WinRar, and a few others. Will report any issues with the average users software as well.
You forgot to include Bit Torrent Clients. :cool:
( not to foget any other P2P clients)

The General said:
All the real tech-heads would just go to www.debian.org and download themselves a great operating system for free. :p

(That should start some good conversation. ;))
Might look into that again after i find some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom