Vista or XP?

I don't see why people vote Vista because of the looks. You can just download WindowsBlinds and get the Vista skin.

i like vista, i've been using it. but untill i find all the drivers i need, i won't be switching.

Zanarias said:
Sorry if i missed an older post about this...but what will you go with? If you could afford it, would you get it or not?

Here's the scoop on VIsta. Current antivirus software isn't supported under Vista so you're in a pickle there. Norton is scrambling to get one out just for Vista and should be out very soon. It does have inbound and outbound firewall protection which is very nice. The user account pop up can get annoying because it comes up ever so much more everytime you alter something within Windows. But Microsoft does this for security purposes so malware doesn't accidently get loaded in. The Aero interface is just so pretty.

Here's what I say to the Vista vs XP deal. If you're already running XP on your current system and not planning on upgrading anytime soon, keep XP and don't upgrade to Vista just yet. If you're into a new build and desparately need an OS, yeah, go ahead and get Vista. Hopefully by the time Vista is released to the public, Norton and other antivirus software vendors will have it's support. I'm sure they will. Plus, there are still some minor bugs with some hardware compatibility. Make sure your hardware supports VIsta by going to their websites.

Zanarias said:
Sorry if i missed an older post about this...but what will you go with? If you could afford it, would you get it or not?

Here's the scoop on VIsta. Current antivirus software isn't supported under Vista so you're in a pickle there. Norton is scrambling to get one out just for Vista and should be out very soon. It does have inbound and outbound firewall protection which is very nice. The user account pop up can get annoying because it comes up ever so much more everytime you alter something within Windows. But Microsoft does this for security purposes so malware doesn't accidently get loaded in. The Aero interface is just so pretty.

Here's what I say to the Vista vs XP deal. If you're already running XP on your current system and not planning on upgrading anytime soon, keep XP and don't upgrade to Vista just yet. If you're into a new build and desparately need an OS, yeah, go ahead and get Vista. Hopefully by the time Vista is released to the public, Norton and other antivirus software vendors will have it's support. I'm sure they will. Plus, there are still some minor bugs with some hardware compatibility. Make sure your hardware supports VIsta by going to their websites. (ha, CF timed out on me yet again)

Damn, look at my double post people. This is the result of CF being too slow or database fatal error again.

almost everytime I attempt to make a new thread, I always get timeouts... thats why I rarely make any.. it hardly ever works :\

You're not the only one. I'm getting that too everytime I make a new thread. I hate it and bugs the crap out of me. I end up double posting sometime and have to change the subject line because apparently, there is a "duplicate" thread :rolleyes: . Yeah right. If there was a thread already made, then why am I getting the stupid fatal maximum error whatever thingamajig? So I put a stupid number at the end of the subject line.

*holy crap, see? I just got timed out again with the error message. Stupid servers.

Yay Xp...
ive been getting timed out alot recently too..though I guess anytime I get timed out has to be fairly recently due to the fact that i have only been on here for like a month or sooo...

anyway time to go home and GET MY NEW CAR!!!!

-KJ

Back
Top Bottom