Vista & Drivers

joe pic

Fully Optimized
I'm thinking of downloading vista beta 2, but i'm not sure if my drivers would be compatible for my video card, and my wireless pci adapter. I have a evga geforce 7600gt and a linksys wmp54g. i have the discs to the drivers, but idk if they'll install correctly. does anyone know? should I be okay with beta 2? and what about games? Would they install??

also, i have an HP recovery partition on my hard drive. if i install vista, would it erase the partition? and if I want xp back, can i recover my system using the partition??

thanks

After looking over your hardware, I think you would have some driver issues after installing Vista. So far with current hardware, Vista has terrible driver support thus far. I also think that you might have the option to convert to the new file system without formatting, but no guarantees. If it doesn't work right, and you had to format the drive to be compatible with the new file system, you will owe your computer a rebuild with Windows XP. If I were you, I would wait until the real release comes out with the proper driver support. That way you could go to the hardware manufacturers to get the proper drivers for WinFS. Just my opinion.

i'll use partition magic to create another 20gb partiton and install it there. hopefully all goes well. you can delete partitions with partition magic, right?

>edit:
it's already 34% done, does anyone know a good .iso burner? I'm unfamiliar with how to burn .iso's, can someone recommend something?

thanks, do you think my plan will work? isobuster can successfully burn .iso's on to dvds?

could you tell me the steps of burning an .iso with isobuster? i've never burned an iso before

OK, here's how it goes:

1) Open ISOBuster.
2) Click File > Open Image File
3) Browse to where the .iso file is, then click Open.
4) Select the iso that you want to extract.
5) Right-click the iso, then click extract <name>.
6) I recommend extracting to the desktop.
7) Once it is done, then use your normal disc-burning software to burn the extracted files to CD.

I hope this helps joepic.

jervin

no, dont follow those instructions. they will make it unbootable. you have to burn directly. use cdburnerxp pro.

its free.

Back
Top Bottom