Vista doesn't accept my log in password. PLEASE HELP!

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Vista doesn't accept my log in password.

Hello,

Today when I gat home after work, I powered on my pc as always. After it booted to the log in screen I then typed my password but it gave me an error msg saying “your username or password is incorrect” I checked the CapsLock and I even tried changing keyboard but it didn't work. For a second I thought I might of forgotten my password and tried 30 more combinations, but now I'm sure I didn't forget it and I know I didn't change it. The next step I did is I tried doing a system restore via Vista CD. I tried 2 different set of days, but no luck….One step in system restore that gat me a bit suspicious is when I selected the restore date and click next, it then showed me my HDD's and CD rom's and only the one Drive “F” with Vista CD in (also had “System” next to it had the check mark on it. I tried checking off the C drive, but was unable to, I couldn't modify anything, maybe that is how it supposed to be…. The restore was successful both time but that still didn't fix the problem.

By the way Its Vista 64bit Ultimate

I only have 1 User account for Vista, however I also have a dual XP boot on that PC, that is not password protected, but has no internet. When I logged in to XP I am able to see the HDD's where my Vista is and all the files…etc I don't know if maybe I can modify a file there to get my password working.

I called Microsoft, but because it's an OEM copy they refuse to help me. Furthermore they stated they are unable to offer me any password related help!

Im desperate here guys! Plz help

PS: I don't know if il be able to go thru another reformat session, I don't have any date saved…

:)

Thanks for the link Neo,

The 1st method failed, after 1h of reading all the instructions...etc I managed to get a bootable CD, and it was working it was doing something in DOS, but then I gat an error "Driver not found MSCD001" and it gave me the [DR-DOS] A:\> (I have no idea what to type there.... and its not on the website...

I will go ahead and read the 2nd one, but it requires mailing them the code...etc and it will take 72h :(

I am so pissed and tired right now, my first bad experience with vista...

Back
Top Bottom