Vista delayed by 18,000 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warez Monster said:
Because I dont see any reason whatsoever to switch. A browser is a browser to me. None is better than any other. But I do prefer IE over the others since its more main stream. Also I need to support it with my job. IE 7 is great

That's understandable.....I heard IE7 gave alot of people lots of problems...

I think Trotter had some issues with it as well.

I've never had issues. Most issues come with users using beta versions. I had IE6 the whole time, tried IE7 beta on my VM machine. I also had some issues with uninstalling but thats what comes with Beta versions.

Warez Monster said:
Microsoft's mythical operating system looks set to remain a thing of legend. The oft-delayed Windows Vista is facing an epic setback, having been pushed back 18,000 years.

According to Manchester-based IT supplier Aria.co.uk, don't expect to run Redmond's new beast on your PC until 30 January, 20007.

The site says:

Don't hold out! Purchase Windows XP Professional edition after now and recieve a FREE* upgrade voucher for Microsoft's latest and long awaited Windows Vista Business Edition (release date January 30 20007).

vista_delayed_until_20007.jpg

Long awaited it certainly will be.

Vista has already been delayed by security bugs, anti-trust action, and the ire of other companies, and we can only speculate what's caused the latest multi-millennial mix-up.

But, obviously, the Vista voucher is to become a thing of family legend, passed lovingly down from generation to generation until the lucky descendent can substitute their inheritance for the shiny new system.

That, or its Microsoft's latest attempt at monopolising the future.

Go figure.

Microsoft is pushing for the release of Vista. They really wanted out in November 2006. However various things delayied the release.
The thing that I was not happy about was Vista geatting release in January. This is right after chirstmas where I normally have the most most amount of sales.
Now end users always want the latest of every thing, including operating system. With a January release, this will make a lot of consumer thing twice about picking up a computer in the December considering that there is going to be a new Operating System out in the next month.
So in order NO to effect sales over the chirstmas period, Microsoft as release this Technology upgrade on all PC purchased between Oct 26 2006 and March 2007 to have an oportunity for an upgrade on the operating system.

Reason why they are exstending it to March 2007 is give time for dealers and disties to get rid of old stock. Over all, I really don't like the January release (as half the IT industry is asleep then), however I do support the idea of the Technology upgrade.

That would of been nice if they told us this at the Vista System Builders Meeting that I had on November 1 this month.

There was a still a lot of people from Microsoft scratching their heads on when EXACTLY vista was going to be coming out.

At least end of January lines up every thing during Chinese New Year when you got a lot of new technology coming out. And the IT industry is just about in full swing again after the Christmas and New Year break.

I am still waiting for the pricing to be finalised.
As this stage all I have been told that

Vista Home ---> Approx Same Price as Win Xp Home
Vista Home Ultimate --> Approx Same Price as Win MCE
Vista Business --> Approx Same Price as Win Xp Pro

hey Lord Anthrax
I will give my self a 468x120 signature with a black backround and hot pink text that says Proud Homosexual or whatever else if I lose my bet.

My bet is he will not get banned by the end of November.

You may quote this if must.

there you go :p decided i must. and for the record the wheels of justice were turning before you made your bet......we just hit the NOS when we read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom