Vista ... Can it be saved ?

SP1 in my opinion did 2 things for me.

1. it helped with speed of copying files e.g once a download had finished it didnt take a few years to copy it to the right place.

and

2. it destroyed my laptop....... ever since the update media player has been slow IE has been slow general file management like mp3's and jpeg images ...... images o dont get me started let me have a "quick" look at this photo double click .................... 2 mins later ah ha there it is ............ what did i want to look at it for again ummmmmmm

maybe this is because my laptop only has a celeron CPU with 1Gb RAM but it was absolutely fine before SP1 so if you have a powerful desktop then go for it if your like me stay well away

i don't like vista, and probably never will. I am still on my Windows XP Professional and don't plan on upgrading.
why do i want to use a OS that requires such a high standard PC, and basically eats away at the resources and speeds capable. XP runs smooth, there are no hang ups, and you can built a complete ownage PC, and be able to max it out completely without worrying about losing any of it to the OS. Vista is Vista, and needs A LOT of work before it'll be any good. XP is where its at...thats my opinion.

I don't think M$ will spend a whole lot of time into saving Vista. I think they will start working harder on Windows 7. I heard that the kernel is only going to be like 25 MB.

I don't think M$ will spend a whole lot of time into saving Vista. I think they will start working harder on Windows 7. I heard that the kernel is only going to be like 25 MB.

And the linux kernel is like 2MB, lol (You can install linux on a device with 4MB of storage)

i use XP right now since i dont have a card that supports DX10, but when i get a new card that does support DX10, then i am going to have a dual boot of XP and Vista.
I tried SP1, i didnt realize any differences, seems the same to me, then i just switched back to XP.

they still should of done something with disk defrag, still cant see wot % it is or anything....

Hey does SP1 automatically downloads with updates or do I have to manually add it?

Back
Top Bottom