Vista AUDIO issue (crackles & skips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monolith

Solid State Member
Im fairly good with figuring out PC problems on my own BUT this one has me thinkin..."thats vista!"

*BACKGRND info *
Not one issue when I had XP...as soon as I switched to VISTA, I noticed something strange!

Dell inspiron 9400-DualCore 1.7ghz, 1 GB ram, 80GB HD
AUDIO: SigmaTel HighDefinition Audio Codec (latest)

*THE PROBLEMO*: The AUDIO does this SUPER annoying skip & crackle 4 times in a row, lasting for about 3 seconds, occuring every 30secs-1min, some times not as bad, occurring every few mins (mp3s, games, dvds...but most noticable when playing mp3s, due to the 'constant audio')

a few notes:

-NOT a resource issue
(cpu usage floating around 5%, not running any other programs, not spyware, clean as a bell!)
-NOT a hardware issue (new laptop, flawless with XP)
-The #1 suspect: VISTA (even after droping back to vista basic, still no improvment!)

This is really the only thing wrong with vista anymore...and its a BIG one. I listen to music alot...so skipping/crackling audio every minute is a big deal!

I thought that I could live with it, but now I'm considering going through the hassle (3Hours+) to put XP back on, and reinstall everything...GOD!

?! Please tell me they are coming out with a fix soon, or is a situation of "it must just be you...sorry" BS?!

ANYONE else have this issue?:eek:
Anyone read of a fix?
Anyone hate vista too?
Is there still hope...?:confused:

THIS IS NOT A VISTA ISSUE. THIS IS A DRIVER PROBLEM.

Sorry had to do it. But this isnt Vista. This is the device manufactorers not doing what they should have since Nov when Vista was final. That is create the proper drivers. None of them have and now that everyone is jumping to Vista and having issues right away they blame Vista.

You have to find out the maker of the Audio device. I am guessing it is onboard. The Codec is nice but it doesnt help much. Either that or try a later version of the Codec not the latest. See if that works.

I have used Vista flawlessly for over 6 months now. I had driver issues myself but i got around them.

try to manually install the driver. vista had issues installing realtek drivers, but if you did a manual install with the exact same driver it would work

the driver would not work right if vista automatically install it or you install it through device manager

i'm having the same problem. watched my CPU today and it was fine. installed the newest creative live 24 bit driver with the same problem.

lemme know if you find out anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom