Vista 64 makes me sad in the pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok so i finally got around to testing out vist 64 home premium. Cant get my SLI and third video card to work right. After a little research to turn off the UAC at least that crap is gone. Ugh. Man this really does disappoint me, compared to how well xp has been running, im not happy. At least i havent activated it, so it can go on the shelf until such time as its stable.

Yep, Vista should still be in the Beta stage, they released it too early. I tried out the 32 bit version and didn't like it, so I went back to XP. Microsoft stated that Vista was good for security and faster, but in reality its a RAM hog, security went overboard to the point of it being annoying when it says "are you sure you want to do this?" everytime you want to click something, and its compatibility issues are huge. Microsoft really let me down with their new OS.

Ya i'm trying, but no SLI and no 2nd monitor is a deal breaker. I'm dual booting it right now, so it'll become a project for when time allows. Just annoys me that its got the problems it has. It has a lot of promise, but ugh.

"Are you sure you just turned the computer on?" I'm shocked it doesn't ask you that on start-up. Microsoft must have been on drugs when they came up with that great idea of over-doing the security features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom