Vista 64 bit won't install.

Jsy

Baseband Member
Long time no post!

I am installing Vista 64-bit on my DFI Dark Infinity motherboard.
CPU: QE6600, 2x 4gig sticks of OCZ ddr800, 80gig seagate, 800w power cooling PSU, Zalmon Extreme CPU fan ($80), ATI X800GTO vid card.

The delima is Vista would kinda install, and after it would finish copying the files to the hdd, it would do its first restart to finish the installation. Once the machine would restart, I got nothing. The computer didn't recognize that vista was installed.

I later installed XP and the machine worked beautifully. I popped in my Vista 64-bit disc and installed vista in windows XP. When I was installing vista I ordered vista to be old on my second partition.

This really screwed me up because once vista did its first restart to finish the installation it went black or just not wanting to finish the installation. On many occasions it just goes to the menu boot screen saying "safe mode, last known good configurations, and start windows normally." I have tried every single one of these and it will go likes it trying to execute what i just told it to do, but it will freeze.

I tried to just to reinstall vista and it doesn't recognize that there is a hard drive in the installation process, but the BIOS says there is.

I would go back to XP on this machine, but XP fails to load up.

I have the BIOS settings to only load up the CD and I still get issues.

Lastly, I took out the hdd and installed vista 64-bit just fine on another POS machine. NO errors. I took the hdd out and put back into the DFI machine.

Same situation of not wanting to work: "safe mode, start windows normally, and etc."

I thought maybe reinstall vista. Vista picks up the hdd, but won't install.

The previous owner of this mobo had it up and running fine on Vista 64-bit (yes I am trying to get in touch with him).

Any ideas fellas? I have been working on this machine for three days non-stop. I am persistent and want this up and running. I have been checking the internet: googling, forums, and trial and error.

Appreciate any help.

JP

looking at ur comp specs there should be no problems so im wondering if its ur bios and sometimes this plays apart when installing, as i had this sorts problem when trying to install windows 7 on an older machine.

install with only one stick of ram in
idk y but i had a problem with it did that and it worked

I did try installing it with one stick of memory.

Also I did try installing it as my primary partition.

Lthenaly, what did you to get I7 working?

I'm currently having a similar problem. Try performing a low level format on the hard drive. Get the software from the manufacturer's website.

I have done a low lvl format. Which software are you proposing? HDD or BIOS?

OH ya I tried installing Citrix XenServer on my system and it still won't load.

Try getting a bootable partitioning tool on a CD. Completely format your PC to one partition. NTFS 6.0 or allow vista to handle that. Now run the install with one stick of RAM in again. Post back when you try this.

Back
Top Bottom