Virus!?

NeXuS1

Fully Optimized
I keep on getting this pop-up several times cant find the source
the only root i get in the process list is csrss.exe its a system process
here is what i get and its getting anoying im gonna reformat anyone has a solution to this.
Virus.jpg

already scanned with NOD32 didnt get anything

Go to the services and turn off the messenger. It's a backdoor popup and not a system alert. The download address tells you it's not for real.

That's not an official Alert, although I have seen it on another PC. You may need to update NOD32, or, maybe it's not a virus, but spyware, which in that case NOD32 wouldn't pick it up.

Just kill the messenger service.

thats a back door popup that advertisers like to use, annoying as hell.

go to google, and search "Shoot the Messenger" easy program that turns off those pop-ups. Then just delete it when your done :p

wiktorek01 said:
go to google, and search "Shoot the Messenger" easy program that turns off those pop-ups. Then just delete it when your done :p
Ty man i hope it doesent pop again i was about to reformat and i was kinda lazy about it

NeXuS said:
I keep on getting this pop-up several times cant find the source
the only root i get in the process list is csrss.exe its a system process
here is what i get and its getting anoying im gonna reformat anyone has a solution to this.
Virus.jpg

already scanned with NOD32 didnt get anything

Updated: July 13, 2005 05:47:29 PM PDT
Type: Spyware
Name: Employee Watcher
Version: 8.63
Publisher: www.matewatcher.com
Risk Impact: High
File Names: svchost.exe csrss.exe smss.exe
Systems Affected: Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP

BehaviorSpyware.EmployeeWatch is a commercial spyware program designed to monitor user activity on a computer.
SymptomsOne or more files detected as Spyware.EmployeeWatch.
TransmissionThis program must be manually installed.
ProtectionVirus Definitions (LiveUpdateâ„¢ Weekly) April 27, 2005
Virus Definitions (Intelligent Updater) April 26, 2005
Technical Details

Back
Top Bottom