virus scanner comparison site...Informative info

maxima2k2

Solid State Member
this site...http://www.av-comparatives.org/, has a great comparison for all kinds of virus scanners. Percentages show for each row that out of all of them, AVIA AntiVir PE Premium is alot better than AVG-Anti virus. My question is this, has anyone ever tried AVIA? I've been reading that most suggests to use AVG because it's very good, but from the chart it shows AVIA AntiVir performed better than AVG Anti-virus. Is AVIA AntiVir free? if so can someone point out where to get it? What about Kaspesky AV, is that good as well and do these perform better than McAfee? I've had the McAfee suite on my previous computers and it did pretty well, so this will be the first time I will be using any other software besides Mcafee...so which virus software is really the best performing and the most effective?

I've had the McAfee suite on my previous computers and it did pretty well, so this will be the first time I will be using any other software besides Mcafee...so which virus software is really the best performing and the most effective?

if you haven't had any problems with McAfee, why change...?

i have mcafe , its virus detection is top notch if you dont mind paying the price of a system hog although my parents system with 512mb ram in it performs ok ,not used for gaming just internet so nothing special needed as the new updated version i just got uses less ram it seems and next to no cpu usage unless scanning

avira is good but the only thing I don't like is the annoying pop up that tells you to upgrade, it also has no email scanning. If you can live with those then I'd say go for it. I don't mind the lack of email scanning, I just hate the pop up screen. It is probably the best free AV as far as detection goes but I stick with AVG because all around I think it's a good package. It's all a matter of opinion, try a bunch of different ones and see which one you like best.

Back
Top Bottom