Virus removal help

omfg just go into safe mode run the suckiest programs first like spybot and adaware, then live one care, then avg then nod32. if nod32 doesnt clean it up then u have to reformat. run them one at a time!

When will some one remember to tell people with this sort of problem to disable the restore points? The bad guys hide out in the restore points. You can scan till you're blue in the face in safe mode but when you boot back to normal run mode it comes right back.
Oh and try Stinger. This programs only certin bugs and just stomps them out. Google for it.

Is there a way to reinstall windows and still keep my other files? like my programs and stuff?

You can run a windows repair of the windows CD and select save my settings, do what setishock said, turn of your system restore, run the virus scan, then remove the infected file, then run it again to make sure your clean then turn your system restore back on and you should be clean and clear, if you run the repair option first and save your current settings with an infected program you will be back to square one as you will keep the virus.

zone alarm is a great firewall i use it all the time,and its free.also i think avast antivirus is the best there i s out there for virus removal.and despite wut u guys say i think spybot sucks my ass,its like the nortan of spoyware removal

I'd recommend NOD32 + Sygate Professional Firewall or Kaspersky Internet Security package, both are great anti-virus + firewall combos.

Back
Top Bottom