Virus question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucketweet

Solid State Member
I have a laptop which I primarily use for Forum generated e-mails (to avoid viruses sent to my PC). I am able to view my laptop e-mails from my PC. The question is. When opening an e-mail through the laptop e-mail address (using the PC) will it corupt my PC in any way? I'm thinking not unless I open an attachment. What are your thoughts? Thanks,
Dale

It shouldn't usless you opened the attachment. Another precution what you might want to take is set norton antivirus up so that it scans every email if you use outlook express or outlook. It has saved me many times.

neb1211 said:
It shouldn't usless you opened the attachment. Another precution what you might want to take is set norton antivirus up so that it scans every email if you use outlook express or outlook. It has saved me many times.
yes PC-Cillin has pop3 scan with it it scans it as OE is recieving it and i have been saved from the bugbear virus thanks to it and no thanks to some ignorant friends. And all that power and a MX-420? video card? not a serious gamer i guess?

neb1211 said:
yes PC-Cillin has pop3 scan with it it scans it as OE is recieving it and i have been saved from the bugbear virus thanks to it and no thanks to some ignorant friends. And all that power and a MX-420? video card? not a serious gamer i guess?

Yes dont open that attachment, unless the email has a virus embedded directly into the message and not as an attachment.

Yea, I remember one guy that kept sending me these attachements saying "Funny open this!" which were viruses Norton picked up until one day he sent me one embedded into the mail and had to format my whole computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom