Virus, processor, or OS corruption?

Soccerblues

Beta member
So my Dell inspiron 1545 was running extremely slow, so I ran a full diagnotlstics check and came back 2 hours later when it was done. I realized that A file needed for my processor was missing. So I downloaded the Intel software and the system rebooted. When I came back on, the icon was distorted and the screen dark blue. It Then made a very high pitch noise and my system crashed. It will not fully boot up b/c when it gets close, the noise and crash happen.

Sorry for the length, I am running a windows 7 OS. And my screen is broken so my laptop has, and will be hooked up to my old monitor until my screen comes in.
Any comments are sooo appreciated. Is it even worth it to fix my computer?

Can you get through Safe mode?

Press F8 when you see the BIOS. If you get into a boot selection menu though, select the hard drive and keep pressing F8. You'll get a list and from there you can choose Safe mode. (The one with the networking option enables your NIC)

Can you get through Safe mode?

Press F8 when you see the BIOS. If you get into a boot selection menu though, select the hard drive and keep pressing F8. You'll get a list and from there you can choose Safe mode. (The one with the networking option enables your NIC)
I would do this, but when the boot menu comes up try selecting "last known good configuration" and see if that gets you booted into windows as normal.

I would do this, but when the boot menu comes up try selecting "last known good configuration" and see if that gets you booted into windows as normal.

This rarely works in cases like this, I have a feeling it won't work.

it sounds like two possibilities at this point:

RAM failure
or, most likely:
hard drive failure

In which case, grab your most needed files from the system if possible, buy a new drive or, since the screen is broken, cut your losses and move on.

So if replacing the RAM, doesn't work. Just take the processor chip and graphics card out and trash it?

I am able to reach safe mode. however I am not able to do anything because the same thing happens when it shows the Windows 7 icon.

You may not find a new home for those chips unless you buy an identical device and they are removable in the first place - most laptops you can't remove the CPU or graphics chips.

Back
Top Bottom