Virus Problems???

wilson06

Beta member
just recently the internet on our main comp hasn't been working. We have another desktop and a laptop that are hooked up to a router which are working fine. When i try opening up internet explorer it first says that the page could not be found etc... but the it redirects to some sort of search engine (ignkeywords.com) and it continues to laod the same page over and over without ever finishing it. Ive tried changing the homepage and trying other programs that use the internet not connected to IE but nothing works. The comp is a sony vaio p4 with windows xp. Im guessing its a virus on the comp thats cauing this because like i said our other comps are working fine. ive been trying for hours to fix it with no success. I know a fair amount about computers im not someone who's new to this stuff and ive been able to fix our other problem with comps but this one has been different. If anyone has any suggestions or wants to help and needs more info on the situation it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hmmm... sounds like you have a big bug on your computer. Does your other Computer have a CD writer?

Cause then you could download Adaware and Spyware Search and Destroy and install them on the computer to try and sort the problem out. Beyond that - maybe a reinstall is in order?

wilson06 said:
yeah i have a cd writer, do you have any suggestions on which programs to try?

Like Lord K said, I'd recommend Adaware - This can be downloaded from www.download.com

Also consider purchasing good anti-virus software? I'd recommend Mcafee over Norton but thats just me ;)

Back
Top Bottom