Virus causing BSOD

That's always my other concern, that even if you remove most of it, there will be files left over that either a)re-download the virus or b)allow other virus/malware to get installed.

It doesn't hurt to do a clean install once in a while anyway. Just make sure you have everything backed up first.

That's always my other concern, that even if you remove most of it, there will be files left over that either a)re-download the virus or b)allow other virus/malware to get installed.

It doesn't hurt to do a clean install once in a while anyway. Just make sure you have everything backed up first.

I see what you mean. The virus is gone, my firewall now works, but I'm letting avast and malware run their scans again and again to find something that I might have missed. I also used cmd /attrib -s -r -h

It's up to you. I just never feel safe knowing a virus was installed so deep. In my experience, even if you "clean it up" within a few months you'll end up with something else. Just personal experience and maybe you won't.

Back
Top Bottom