Virgin launches 50mbps UK web speeds!

We've had 'upto' 100meg down and 5meg up for a couple of years or so in most areas of Paris/'burbs and quite a few other towns in France for 30€ a month (phonecalls to 50 or so countries/120 tv channels/yadda yadda included)
Sort of confuses me me when I visit the family back home and they pay 50% more for 4meg max with caps between 18h and midnight.

oh, confirming Davids theory, it does not make any difference at all to normal browsing...

I think it will improve, hell yeh it will.

and virgin imo is uk's best broadband.
I'm on their best pack right now sitting on 20mb, will I get this 50mb free upgrade? because when I started it was telewest (virgin now) and was on 1mb, ever since then we went from 1mb to 5 to 10 now at 20mb lol, don't stop keep going

IMO, It's EntaNet. They seem to have a... Open approach to the internet.

They keep you up to date with the service status, and let you know if you should expect any downtime..

I'm with ADSL-24, a reseller of entanet - Sure, it's not 50MB, but they have set off and on peak limits, and fast speeds.

would be great if i move into a flat with a bunch of other students next year :)
ill miss the super fast internet i have atm though :( was getting 8mb/s on one file the other day :eek: its pure madness.

would be great if i move into a flat with a bunch of other students next year :)
ill miss the super fast internet i have atm though :( was getting 8mb/s on one file the other day :eek: its pure madness.

Let me guess... you are a spartan?

lol.
im just another another uni student who lives off pizza and hogs the bandwidth downloading stuff :)

yes, all things on internet is speeding up I can tell, this is why virgin have released it, it will make a difference, do you think they'd release 50mb if they didn't? I don't think so, virgin is super fast.

Only problem I have with virgin is the tv and that is no way as good as sky, I hate virgin for their tv.

Back
Top Bottom