Virgin Download speeds help!

Sanny

Solid State Member
In the past i have had the 2mb broadband package and recently i was entitled to a 10mb download speed upgrade for free.
This is great but i only recieved 7mb :O when it was advertised 10mb
Im running on XP and have got a slightly older Cable Modem, "Surfboard SBS100" is it because my modem is older it cant handle the full 10mb?

Because it feels like im being cheated on my money, buying something monthly for not getting 100% of it.

Any suggestions on how to get it to the full speed of 10mb/s ?

How did you test your download speed? It is very unlikely that you will ever get your full 10 Mb. Not because of any hardware things, but just because that is the way it works. It was unlikely that you were getting your full 2 Mb as well. The only thing I can suggest is to call the ISP and let them know.

How did you test your download speed? It is very unlikely that you will ever get your full 10 Mb. Not because of any hardware things, but just because that is the way it works. It was unlikely that you were getting your full 2 Mb as well. The only thing I can suggest is to call the ISP and let them know.

SpeedTest.net and when i download stuff its usually around 715.
And howcome other people have the full 10mb but I dont?

It depends on the ISP, what type of connection you have, the quality of the lines, the site you're downloading from, the connection speed of the server hosting the files, etc, etc, etc, etc....

Back
Top Bottom