Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope Beowulf was a Dane and predated the Vikings by a couple of 100 years he was a Saxon instead having said that the majority of Norse tribes had very similar fighting styles and cultures so at a stretch you can call it a Viking film

I have heard theiories that the story has a much older basis than that, pre roman basis and later peoples just tacked on parts to suit themselves an there own ideal of there culture.

Well I am agnostic and I believe in a mind before matter universe as opposed to a more scientific view of matter before mind. Anyway point is all religions follow a very similar pattern not to say they aren't valid but Jesus holds very similar patterns to prophets and spiritual leaders before him. Therefore I believe the majority of world religions are intertwined and share common stories which teach common values to the followers of that religion so wouldn't be surprised if Beowulf was a pre Roman story however the timing set in the film was around 500-800AD

Asterix rules its a fact!!!!

I disagree, I watched about an hour of Asterix and just sat there, bored and not finding anything funny at all. Which is annoying, because the majority of my family love it >_<

Alright, so I guess I'm gonna have to see outlander and 13th warrior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom