Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
What is a good Viking movie? Pathfinder I've seen. 13th Warrior maybe? Anything else?

Since 2 days ago I've been very interested in Vikings.

Why?

I've recently discovered the band Amon Amarth, and they are the Jesus viking metal.

Best music video - Guardians of Asgaard (in HD!): YouTube - Amon Amarth feat. LG Petrov "Guardians Of Asgaard" official video HQ
Best song - Twilight of the Thunder God: YouTube - Amon Amarth "Twilight Of The Thunder God" official video

Even if you aren't into the music, watch the first video because it is cool vikings in HD. The second one is a nice video too, just not HD.

Asterix the Gaul
Asterix and Cleopatra
The Twelve Tasks of Asterix
Asterix Versus Caesar
Asterix in Britain
Asterix and the Big Fight
Asterix Conquers America
Asterix and the Vikings
Asterix and Obelix take on Caesar
Asterix & Obelix: Mission Cleopatra
Asterix at the Olympic Games
Erik The Viking

Asterix rules its a fact!!!!

The Norsemen is a good film
I saw another film which was more recently made but follows a similar story pattern of bloodthirsty Vikings in America bt can't remember the title atm was a good film though.

OT but this is a pet peave of mine:
Not all Vikings carried the infamous broad sword that was reserved for chieftains and berserkers, most carried the Seax a Saxon style sword that was more suited for thrusting than chopping, they also for the most part didn't carry a double headed battle axe if they did carry a axe it was a pair of small throwing axes. And they didn't fight like they where in a bar room brawl they adapted Saxon battle tactics, the best comparison to this is the Saxon tactic that was like the Ancient Greek Phalanx.

Cool band though gona investigate them some more.

Yep it was some mix of ergot an another herb I believe. It was like a form of angel dust it allowed them to carry on fighting with horrific wounds I have read a account from the battle of Stamford bridge that claims a beserker was able to defend the bridge form over 100+ men and he was only stopped when some one got under the bridge and shoved a spear or a pike up his bottom.

Correction it was bog mertil and fly agaric fungus that was the main active ingredients in there ritual tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom