Video Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoPo

Beta member
I recently downloaded a couple x-men cartoon episodes to start a cartoon collection ( next on the list is Spider-Man ). The 2 that I downloaded are in .AVI format, but are not the greatest quality. I downloaded divx Pro 6.25 and converted them to "HD" Quality with surround sound and burned them onto a DVD-R. Ah but now I don't have a DIVX enhanced DVD player, so in order to play them on my DVD player, I assume they have to be in .AVI format or in .WMV format. My question was, is there a way to cleanup and enhance the picture of the .AVI or . WMV formats to say 1280x720 (720p) and what program should I use to burn them to a DVD? The current test episode is (101 and 102 Night of the Sentinels) running at 320x240. Divx also gave me the option when converting to DIVX from .AVI to make the sound quality 5.1 dolby digital surround sound. Now short of streaming the DIVX videos from my computer to my xbox 360 (with the programs that are out) is there a way to clean them up a little, and make them playable on a DVD player? Thanks for the help. If more information is required, please let me know.

???

If you download a video that is a certain quality, you CAN NOT increase the quality. The information isn't there to replace, you're just wasting harddrive space by storing those massive files.

You can't convert a low quality to a high quality, you can only go down in quality. Just as if the original video only has two channel stereo sound, you can't convert them to 5.1, you can only go down in quality and down in information.

is there at least a way to sharpen the quality get rid of the extra pixels that seem to floating there?

If its pixelated cause the original source wasnt sharp enough(high enough bitrate) there isnt much you can do other than filter it a bit which will cause even more data loss and loss of picture quality.

Your original sources are 320x240?, not even good enough to waste your time with. Yes you can scale them back up, but there are limits, with 320x240 even with a really high bitrate when you convert it to 720x480 for DVD or even higher for HD there just isnt enough info there for the software to generate a decent image. About the lowest Ive ever been able to get a quality image from started with a width of no less than about 512 with proportional height matching the orig video aspect ratio. To get to HD format I wouldnt want anything less than at least a decent DVD quality source.

http://www.videohelp.com

probably the best site around to understand video stuff for computers, go there and look up what you want and get tools to do it with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom