video problem

mangetha

Beta member
Ok, i bought a GeForce2 MX400 from my friend, and I installed it, downloaded and installed the driver, and switched the default video source on BIOS.(i was using the onboard video on my motherboard). The problem is, when I open up Halo, i see the opening videos, but its like they have the contrast all the way up. The screen is white, and I see the outling of the logos in blue. Same with the main screen once Halo has loaded. Is the problem with the video card or is the game not compatible or soimething? the game ran just fine before I installed the driver. Thanks.

Sounds like the drivers are not compatable with your game-especially if windows looks ok.-Try setting the game to a direct x 3d mode and see what happens.
Experiment with the various video settings in the game.-You also might need to upgrade your direct x. On occasion Ive had games that wouldn't run or function right with newer direct x drivers but did fine with older ones.

Gary Graefen said:
Sounds like the drivers are not compatable with your game-especially if windows looks ok.-Try setting the game to a direct x 3d mode and see what happens.
Experiment with the various video settings in the game.-You also might need to upgrade your direct x. On occasion Ive had games that wouldn't run or function right with newer direct x drivers but did fine with older ones.
What are Halo's min requirements ? Does this card do it meaning compatible?
Isn't this the same ?
:confused:
By the way how do you change your version of DX.to an older version ?
I can't,new is best 9.0b.
:rolleyes:

mangetha said:
Ok, i bought a GeForce2 MX400 from my friend, and I installed it, downloaded and installed the driver, and switched the default video source on BIOS.(i was using the onboard video on my motherboard). The problem is, when I open up Halo, i see the opening videos, but its like they have the contrast all the way up. The screen is white, and I see the outling of the logos in blue. Same with the main screen once Halo has loaded. Is the problem with the video card or is the game not compatible or soimething? the game ran just fine before I installed the driver. Thanks.
What driver ? Video cards need the latest ,maybe you installed for the wrong OS and by the way never mentioned.You might have Windows 3 for all we know.
:p

As far as I know you can't uninstall direct x so you can't really go back-except to start over your windows system and use an earlier version of directx. I had lots of trouble with the recently released directx 9- But I always seemed to have no trouble at all with 8.0 or 8.1----7.0 was good to.
This is an educated guess based on the fact that I don't even know what halo is. But Many times when I had vid troubles with games the above suggestions worked.

if it possible to see a little bit, try turning down the gamma setting in the game... i doubt it would be that bright by deault though. it's just something to try out.

Back
Top Bottom